Winter Heating Safety
It’s the time of year when the temperatures drop so paying attention to winter heating safety here in Southern Utah is important for the care of your family.
For winter heating safety it’s important to heat your home safe. Never use an electric generator or a gas or charcoal grill indoors. The fumes are deadly. Follow the suggestions below and if you have any questions please call our office. We are always here to help.
Ways to Heat Your Home Safely (from the CDC 24/7: Saving Lives, Protecting People™)
Follow the manufacturer’s instructions if you plan to use a wood stove, fireplace, or space heater and remember these important safety tips:
- Use fireplaces, wood stoves, or other combustion heaters only if they are properly vented to the outside and do not leak flue gas into the indoor air space.
- Have your heating system serviced by a qualified technician every year.
- Do not burn paper in a fireplace.
- Ensure adequate ventilation if you must use a kerosene heater.
- Use only the type of fuel your heater is designed to use—don’t substitute.
- Do not place a space heater within 3 feet of anything that may catch on fire, such as drapes, furniture, or bedding. Never cover your space heater.
- Never place a space heater on top of furniture or near water.
- Never leave children unattended near a space heater.
- Make sure that the cord of an electric space heater is not a tripping hazard and do not run the cord under carpets or rugs.
- Avoid using extension cords to plug in your space heater.
- If your space heater has a damaged electrical cord or produces sparks, do not use it.
- Store a multipurpose, dry-chemical fire extinguisher near the area to be heated.
- Protect yourself from carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning by installing a battery-operated CO detector and never using generators, grills, camp stoves, or similar devices inside the house, in basements, in garages, or near windows.
Daving Heating & A/C Service Guarantees:
- We give you a 90 day labor warranty on all service work.
- We can service all brands, makes and models.
- If we miss a scheduled appointment without notifying you, we do not charge for the service call.
- NO CHARGE to light pilots for senior citizens or disabled people. (Iron County only)
- We have 24 Hour Emergency Service for nights and weekends.
- We have service agreements for all equipment.
- We service Iron, Beaver, Washington, Kane and Garfield Counties.
Winter Heating Safety
We Can Also Help With: